SEATTLE, July 25, 2013 - Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX) today reported financial results for its 13-week fiscal third quarter and 39-week fiscal year to date ended June 30, 2013.
Q3 Fiscal 2013 Highlights:
- Total net revenues increased 13% to $3.7 billion
Global comparable store sales grew 8% driven by 7% growth in traffic; all regions accelerated over Q2
- Americas comp growth of 9%, driven by 9% comp growth in the U.S.
- EMEA comp growth of 2%, driven by a 5% increase in traffic
- China/Asia Pacific comp growth of 9%; traffic growth doubled versus Q2
- Consolidated operating income increased 25% to $615.2 million
- Consolidated operating margin expanded 150 basis points to 16.4%
- Earnings per share increased 28% to $0.55 per share
- Dollars loaded on Starbucks Cards globally grew 30% year over year
- Starbucks shipped its one billionth Starbucks- and Tazo-branded K-Cup® in the quarter
- Company opened 341 net new stores in Q3; now operates 19,209 stores globally
“Starbucks Q3 results represent the best across-the-board third-quarter performance in our 42-year history,” said Howard Schultz, chairman, president and ceo. "Our more than 19,000 store global footprint, our fast-growing CPG presence and our best-in-class digital, card, loyalty and mobile capabilities are creating a 'flywheel' effect elevating the relevancy of all things Starbucks, and driving profitability.”